Thursday, September 30, 2010

Countdown Checklist: 1 month (!!!)

Holy moly, are things ramping up or what? Check out the length on my to-do list for this month!

Now would be the perfect time for me to remember: stay calm, stay cool, and carry myself like a lady. This only happens once, this wedding thing. And so I must enjoy these final fleeting moments of my engagement, before they get away from me!

[Image via Found in Mom's Basement: the Google image result of a calm, cool, collected bride.]

As a side note, someone should totally offer lamaze classes for brides-to-be. Pretty sure I could use some professional breathing exercises right about now!
  • Enter RSVP's into your guest list database. Check! And it's been fun watching them pour in! So far 54 people have confirmed that they will be in attendance. 54 - I'm just glad someone wants to come besides me and Clay!
  • Get your marriage license. Not yet, but it's in the master plan. I found out all you need to wed in the state of Texas is a couple of driver's licenses and $71 cash. Sort of surprising, actually, that there's not much more to it.
  • Mail the rehearsal dinner invitations. This hasn't yet been completed, but my wonderful future mother-in-law has got it under control!
  • Visit the dressmaker for your last dress fitting. My dress still fits pretty perfectly, and so I won't visit the tailor until about a week and a half out.
  • Stock the bar. Waiting until the guest list is secured. But trust me, I will have no problem shopping for wine by the caseload.
  • Send out as many final payments as you can. But of course. I've got my checkbook all set!
  • Confirm times for hair and makeup and all vendors. This will definitely be happening over the course of the next month with the help of our fabulous day-of coordinator, Dorrie. (Coordinator? I TOLD you a lot has happened lately with the wedding!)
  • Email and print directions for drivers of transport vehicles. What if my driver is either myself or my fiancee? Or more likely, both? Green light on this one, as it's totally unnecessary for our purposes.
  • Assign seating. Expected to happen after October 15, the deadline I've given my guests for submitting their RSVP's. Assigned seating... this is the fun part for me!
  • Purchase bridesmaids' gifts. Check! (And yes, they're private and personal, and so that's all you get!)
  • Write vows, if necessary. Whoa, hello original vows. You hadn't really occurred to me until just now. I'll have to think on this one and talk it over with Clay. You know I love to write, but there's something about those traditional wedding vows that get me every time.
  • Get your hair cut and colored, if desired. Hey! Good idea!
And as for the previously outstanding to-do list items...
  • Meet with the photographer. Check! (Sort of.) We've filled out our photography questionnaire and are a little more set with our wedding photography plan. Totally helps that our photographer is an absolute bad-ass!
  • Send out the invitations. Check! Blog post to follow. (P.S. I invited the Obama's; is that cool?)
  • Finalize the menu and flowers. Still no. (And still won't be happening for another week or two.)
  • Make a list of the people giving toasts. Still no. (And I almost can't believe that I'm slacking on making a list. That's like my favorite hobby!)
  • Purchase your undergarments. Still no.
  • Finalize the order of the ceremony and the reception. Still super close. But also still a no.
  • Print menu cards, if you like, as well as programs. Still no.
  • Purchase the rings. Check! They're so pretty!
  • Send your event schedule to the vendors. Still tweaking. (And still no.)
  • Meet with the officiant. Check! We have plans to meet with a wedding counselor this Saturday morning at Mozart's. (... since our wedding officiant resides in Georgia)
  • Purchase wedding shoes and start dress fittings. Still no. (Am I not impossible with the shoe thing?)
  • Schedule hair and makeup artists. Check! I've even got a trial run scheduled for this weekend. Uber detailed blog post to follow, you know it!
[List Source: Real Simple Wedding's 1 month checklist.]

No comments:

Post a Comment