Wednesday, September 29, 2010

No, I Did Not Get Abducted by Aliens

Or kidnapped by the wedding gods. Or become a Bridezilla during the better part of September.

No, contrary to popular belief, I am still alive, engaged to be married, and planning my own wedding in full force and with renewed vigor. [Though judging by the date of my last blog post (has it really been almost 3 weeks?), I can see why you'd think otherwise.]

Quite simply, I've been busy. Insane, more like it. If you see a chicken running around with her head cut off... well, that's not me. But if you see a woman hand-coloring her wedding envelopes, planning her wedding with her fiancee while on an 8-mile jog, or responding to work emails while singing the Texas Fight Song at the top of her lungs... you might have just spotted Miss B!

Perhaps one or more of the following could further explain my temporary absence from the blogging world...

For the past 3 weeks I've been:
  • Enjoying my Bachelorette Party Weekend (Wine and limos and breakfast, oh my!)
  • Attending both my Lingerie Shower and my Ladies Shower (Where I was showered with gifts - and thank-you notes, too!)
  • Quitting my old job (Scary, but exciting)
  • Starting my new job (Also scary, but also exciting)
  • Training for the Austin Marathon (All by myself)
  • Watching my brother kick butt under the Friday night lights (Go Crusaders!)
  • Tailgating for UT Football (Important)
  • Trying to hold it all together (While still remembering to tell Clay on a daily basis how much he's loved)

Oh hiii, my name is Meredith - Meredith "Nutso" B. - I'm so pleased to meet you!
I swear, if I make it through October and don't end up in the loony bin, I'll be doing pretty good.

All kidding aside, my life looks and feels totally insane right now (because it is!), but in all honesty, I've actually managed to really focus and get a lot of things done. And that accomplished, tired-at-the-end-of-the-day feeling just feels really... good. And right. And like something I haven't felt in a long time.

I'm also proud of this new-found confidence and self-respect that are (somehow) by-products of all the recent craziness. Every day, I feel like I'm really living for that day. If I can make it through, then it feels like there's not much else I can't do. (And some days I end up feeling like Super Woman!)

Stay tuned for an insane amount of wedding updates in the next few days. Just because I stop blogging doesn't mean the wedding stops barreling along, full-speed ahead. 31 days to go and counting until the final Farewell to Miss B!

No comments:

Post a Comment