Monday, October 11, 2010

Hair & Makeup Trial Run: Check!

Two Saturdays ago, I moseyed on over to James Allan Salon for a wedding hair & makeup trial run with fab stylist (and new bff), Nick. What a fun afternoon to get all gussied up and excited over the wedding! Here's what Nick came up with:


[Check out Clay grinning in the mirror!]

[*See disclaimer note below.]

If you're anything like my mother, you're asking... trial run, why a trial run? What's the point? We never had trial runs when I was getting married.

Well mom, and all you other skeptics out there, trial runs are for nerve-y people like me who, a) never do their hair or apply makeup and so therefore have no clue what they're getting themselves into; b) like to know what to expect; and c) won't exactly resist an excuse to get pampered... I mean, it's for the wedding and all...

The result: I definitely have some good takeaways for the big day. I'm really glad I did this! First, I didn't realize I had So. Much. Hair. until I got it all up in one place on the side of my little head. I've decided to get a little trim to clean up my 'do a bit and make sure it doesn't look like I have an abnormal growth coming out of my ear.

Also, I now have a solid list of personal things to pack with me for the wedding day: extra bobby pins. Lip gloss. Maybe a little hairspray. And probably even more champagne. That last one to loosen me up! Because I know that nothing will make me look and feel more beautiful than to be comfortable in my own skin. Peace of mind and confidence: those are perhaps the best things that this trial run has given me.

*Disclaimer: I absolutely HATE having my photo taken. Despise it. I don't know when I became camera shy - I used to be so photogenic! But as I've gotten older, I've taken more and more awkward photos, and so I think that's ended up scarring me more than it should, really. A little vain, much? Something I need to get over once the paparazzi comes out to play on my wedding day.

2 comments: