Monday, October 4, 2010

Wedding Invitations: Check!

So by now this is old news, but I'm still a little too excited about getting our wedding invitations in the mail. It feels like such a big accomplishment! Especially since my dad and I concepted them from scratch, with my dad designing and hand-drawing and me producing and hand-addressing. Take a look!



[Top: Envelope with Wedding Invitation and Wedding Map. Bottom: Wedding Invitation pieces with Save the Date card]


[Wedding Envelope and Invite in closer detail. Envelopes with "MC" logo were hand-colored to match the hand-drawn logo on the Invitations.]

It was a labor of love, that's for sure, and definitely a special memento that I'll get to keep with me for years and years. I'm so proud of what we created!

P.S. It's true, the Obama's are invited to the wedding (much to the chagrin of a few wedding guests, I know). And to be honest, I sincerely hope they decline. Security detail, secret service: talk about high maintenance guests! It's my wedding day, and I really don't want the President and his wife stealing the show, but I guess it'd be cool either way. So Mr. President, if you're in Austin on October 30, feel free to drop by our wedding celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment